AquaSwitch Limited (“AquaSwitch”, “we” or “us”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy explains how we use any personal information that you provide to us through our website. Please read it carefully. We may change this policy. We will post any changes on this page, so please check back frequently.
Information you provide us
You may provide us with information in several ways, including by filling in forms on our websites or on our apps or by corresponding with us by phone and email. This includes information you provide when you search for a price comparison or quote, enter into a contract for the supply of services, enter a competition, promotion or survey or report problems with our services.
The personal information that you provide may include your name, address, email address, phone number, financial information and other information about you to enable us to provide you with our price comparison, switching and other services.
Information we collect about you
When you use our websites or apps, we automatically collect information about your device, including your IP address, information about your visit (including how you got to our websites) and how you use our services. We may combine this information with other information you have provided to us or which we have received from other sources.
How we use your personal information
We use personal information about you in connection with the following purposes:
- Providing our services to you and fulfilling your requests.
- Providing you with the information, products and services you request from us (including providing you with comparison and switching services).
- This includes us creating an account for you so that you can retrieve details of your comparisons and switches and keep your information and preferences up to date.
- Completing any transaction that you do with us.
- Allowing you to participate in our interactive features when you choose to do so.
Service improvement and account management
- Ensuring that our content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device.
- Administering our websites and apps and for internal business administration (for example, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes).
- Protecting our interests and those of third parties and as part of our efforts to keep our services safe and secure.
Legal basis for processing
Our legal basis for processing your personal information for the purposes described above will typically be one of the following:
- It is necessary for us to process your personal information to perform a contract to which you are a party, or to take steps at your request prior to you entering into a contract.
- You have consented to us using your personal information for this purpose (for example, in working with our trusted partners to provide your business water quotes).
- It is in our legitimate interests to use your personal information to operate, improve and promote our services and to protect our business. Sometimes, we may process your personal information when it is in the legitimate interests of another company.
- It is necessary for us to use your personal information for us to comply with a legal obligation.
Sharing your personal information
We may share your personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- Product suppliers: to obtain quotes and help you switch. We provide your personal information to the suppliers whose products and services are listed on our websites and apps to help them provide quotes and to carry out your switch. When you buy products or services from these suppliers, their own privacy policies will apply to how they use your personal information. You can find these privacy policies on their websites and you should check that you are happy with them before completing your switch. Some of the suppliers on our websites and apps will search external sources (for example, the electoral roll, county court judgments, bankruptcy registers and credit reference agencies) before providing you with a quote or accepting you as a customer. These searches may be recorded by credit reference agencies but will not affect your credit rating.
- Our service providers: to help us run our business and perform services you request. We may provide your personal information to our partners, suppliers and subcontractors who provide services to us or where necessary to perform a service that you have requested.
- Analytics and search engine providers: to help us improve our services
We may provide information about your visit to analytics and search engine providers to help us improve and optimise our services. We generally only share this information in a form that does not directly identify you.
We may also share your personal information with third parties for the following reasons:
- If we sell or buy any business or assets.
- If we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of that business or those assets, along with its professional advisers. If AquaSwitch (or substantially all of its assets) is acquired, personal information held by it about its users will be one of the transferred assets.
- To obtain professional advice
- We may disclose your personal information to obtain professional advice (for example, from lawyers or financial advisors).
- To comply with a legal obligation
We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in response to a request from law enforcement or another regulatory authority. We may disclose your personal information to enforce our agreements with you or to protect the rights, property or safety of AquaSwitch, its users or others. This includes sharing personal information with other organisations for fraud prevention purposes.
Storing your personal information
We may transfer, store or process your personal information outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). The laws in some countries may not provide as much legal protection for your personal information as in the EEA.
By submitting your personal information, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. Where we use service providers outside the EEA, we rely on approved data transfer mechanisms (for example, the EU Standard Contractual Clauses and the EU-US Privacy Shield) to ensure that your personal information is adequately safeguarded in the recipient country. Unfortunately, transmission of information over the internet is not completely secure. We will do our best to protect your personal information, but we cannot guarantee its security and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. We keep your personal information for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. These periods vary depending on the nature of the information and your interactions with us.
The Cookies we use fall into the following categories:
We need to use these technologies to make our websites and apps work and to run our business. They let you move from one page to another, use our services, and help us secure and optimise our services.
If you block these technologies in your device or browser settings, our services might not work for you.
We and our advertising suppliers use these technologies to personalise the advertising you see. They work by seeing how you use our services and other websites. They use that information to predict what might interest you. You might see personalised advertising on our services on other websites.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. You can opt out of marketing by emailing email@example.com.
Data protection law gives you the right to access your personal information, to object to the use of your personal information for certain purposes, and the right to erase, restrict or receive a machine-readable copy of your personal information. Please direct any requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will handle your request in accordance with the law. This means there may be legal reasons why we cannot fulfil all requests.
Links to third-party websites
Third-party comparison and switching tools
Some of our comparison and switching tools are provided by trusted third-party suppliers. We don’t retain any of your data as part of your switch through these third party comparison and switching tools.